Saturday, August 05, 2006

This will be a quick one. Micah and Kim (my son and daughter-in-law) left for Aruba this morning at 5:00 to attend her brother's wedding. We are babysitting for Caleb and Isaac for 1 week. Wow! Caleb is your typical extremely bright and precocious 3 year old boy. (o: His brother Isaac, 4, is anything but typical. He was born with 5P- disease, a genetic condition that causes retardation with its own little twists. One of these twists involves digestion issues. We are thankful he has not needed surgery or a feeding tube and he is even considered high on the weight charts for Cri du Chat (the other name for the condition) children his age. And you should see what a long, skinny little guy he is! He semi-woke up this morning with what Kim guesses are gas pains and he is just so unhappy. Apparently this happens infrequently and he just has a bad day. Poor little boy is just whimpering in his sleep and nothing will make him more comfortable. If this had to happen, I'm thankful it happened while Micah and Kim were still here so I knew it was not some kind of emergency. Cri du Chat kids don't speak till way late so he can't tell me what hurts or where. If you are reading this, pray for him and pray for us as we parent a 3 year old and a special-needs 4 year old for a week. I'm tired already. Good thing I know God's strenghth is perfect in my weakness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie,

I am praying for you all. I know you will busy this next week but I also know that the Lord will bless you for your giving and loving heart.

helen