Monday, February 20, 2006

I really should have called this blog Hoernigs on the highway to Newark. My husband Steve and I are in the process of becoming missionaries with World Impact in Newark, NJ. Right now we are support staff and Steve commutes in 5 days a week, bringing me in with him 2 days a week. It is a 40 or so minute commute on the Garden State Parkway so that speaks for itself. Steve wears lots of hats but mainly building maintainence oversight and job-training and discipleship of high school boys. I teach music at the K-6th grade Christian school in our facility. A house is being renovated for us and when it is done we will move to Newark permanently.
It is a privilege to be called by God to continue to work for Him in a new venture. Steve spent 11 years at a para-church youth mission and I spent those years working at the local Christian bookstore. This is all new and a real adventure. God is good.

No comments: